Thursday 11 December 2014

Howling wolves earrings

This post will be quick one.
I have new earrings, and rather bad photos of them to show. The weather lately really isn't that good for photographing jewellery. Really, I used two light sources today, and I started taking pictures at noon! I will probably retake them in the near future.
Anyway, the earrings:

I've made the of raw copper sheet, that I've cut, filed, hammered and then oxidised to deep grey colour.
There is rather "strong" (sorry, I don't know if this is correct English word for it ) hammered texture. I like how it turned out.
The next step after oxidising was polishing, and then engraving.
I must say, I like the way the earrings look - the metal is rather shiny, and I like the results of engraving - especially the wolves. They look better in person then on the photos.
They are about 4cm long - 5,6cm if you count the ear wires - and weight just 1,8g each.
They are available here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/214955509/howling-wolf-engraved-copper-earrings

There will be also necklace to match them, but I haven't finish it yet. And I hope I will be able to take better pictures of them.

Oh, and I set up Twitter profile.

Till the next time!
Kasia



2 comments: