Monday 17 November 2014

Christmas banner and rust dragon eye earrings

I've just added new earrings to my shop today.

 Of course, if you want a closer look, you can click on photos for their original size.

I call them rust dragon eye earrings because I wanted to make something a bit more industrial than what I usually do, and at the same time I wanted to do something with a dragon eye on it. So I combined both ideas and came up with earrings looking like rusted pieces of metal, with said eye incorporated in them as a rusted-over screw. At least that was the idea and I really like the outcome. They look exactly how I wanted them to look.

They are made of fimo polymer clay and painted with acrylic paints. I've made them entirely by hand, without using any moulds whatsoever. I must say, making them was a lot of fun! From making the texture, to painting them, it was all very enjoyable. There is also matching pendant,but it's not in store just yet, because I'm not sure whether to put up for sale as pendant alone, or to strung it on something. I will write another post for it alone, once I've decided what to do about it.


Anyway, the earrings are 3.5cm long (5cm if you include ear hooks) and weight only 0.8g each. The only ready-made parts I've used are the silver-plated ear hooks. I've made jump rings myself, out of bronze-plated copper wire.

If someone decide to buy them, they will be sent carefully packed in a box like this one.



And now for the banner part of this post...

Yesterday I've decided to give my shop a bit of holiday/winter look, and spend some time in inkscape making the banner over for that seasonal feel. I'm rather happy with how it looks!
 ....ta daaaah!
And this is how it looked before:

And of course I've changed the banner on the blog as well!

Till the next time!
Kasia

No comments:

Post a Comment