Tuesday 25 November 2014

Poinsettia earrings

I've just added new earrings to my etsy store today: polymer clay, handmade poinsettia earrings.

Poinsettia earrings

They are made of red, yellow and green fimo polymer clay, and dusted in several places with gold mica powder.
Poinsettia earrings

They were a pleasure to make, and the whole process didn't take much time - which is quite unusual, because by "the whole process" I mean from first design to complete finish.
Poinsettia earrings

 It was probably due to the fact that I was thinking about making something like this pair for some time now, so the final design came to me pretty fast - though I entertained two different approaches - and shaping, baking and adding finishing touches went really... smooth. ( or should it be smoothly?). All in all, I've finished them in about 2.5 - 2hours 45 minutes.
Poinsettia earrings

As always, I didn't use any moulds whatsoever, and the only ready made elements are silver-plated ear wires.
They are 2.8cm(4.5cm including ear wires) long and weight only 1.5g each. Poinsettia elements are approximately 2.3cm in diameter (due to their shape measuring was a bit tricky).
Poinsettia earrings
They are ready to be sold, and will come in a box like the one on the photo :)

I think they would make a nice little Christmas gift:) What do you think?

***
 Aaand I'm just happy to say that this weekend I sold one of two art clay silver pendants I had in my store. Yay! I dispatched the pendant today and I hope it will arrive safely to its new owner, and that said owner will be happy with her order :)

Till the next time!
Kasia

2 comments:

  1. They came out so beautiful! I just started playing around with polymer clay so I'm far from creating such perfect petals. I find clay to be so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, working with clay usually is relaxing for me as well... until it gets to warm and starts stick to everything, that is ;)

      Delete